Fried rice is one my favorite recipes, and the perfect way to use all of that leftover rice. Creating this recipe was challenging, because I typically don’t measure my ingredients when I make fried rice. I like to just throw in a little bit of everything. It’s not just a great way to use up leftover rice, but vegetables as well.
In my fried rice, I only use 1/4 cup of soy sauce. I personally don’t like my rice to be too salty. As with almost all my cooking, I use a cast iron skillet.
Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 lb Chicken – inch cubed
- 4 tbsp Oil divided
- Black pepper
- 2 cups Rice
- 2 Eggs – beaten
- 1 Onion
- 1 cup Mixed peas and carrots
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup green onions
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, put 2 tablespoons of oil
- Add chicken and black pepper. Cook until golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add 2 tablespoons oil
- Add beaten eggs and scramble
- Add rice, soy sauce, chicken, and mixed peas and carrots. Stirring continuously to prevent rice from sticking. Continue tossing rice anywhere from 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with chopped spring onion. Serve and enjoy!