Even though this omelette recipe is for beginners, that doesn’t make it any less flavorful. Omelette recipes are like dentists, everyone thinks they have the best one. In reality, most omelette recipes are pretty similar. But here are a few tips I’ve learned from people who are really good at making them:
If you want your omelette to flip, don’t overdue it with the toppings. Too many added ingredients will weigh it down, and keep it from fully forming together.
to further assure a successful omelette flip, use a generous amount of butter. I never said these were healthy omelettes.
Use the edge of your pan to fold the omelette in half over your plate, instead of using a spatula to try and fold it in the pan.
Quick and Easy Omelette for Beginners
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup yellow onion really any onion is okay
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 strips bacon
- 1/4 cup cheese I like Cheddar or Gouda
- 1 tbsp green onion
- Whisk eggs together in small bowl until just foamy. Set aside.
- dice onion and pepper set aside.
- Heat small pan on medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove bacon from pan and set aside. Use scissors to cut bacon into small strips
- Add onion and pepper to the pan and cook in bacon grease until caramelized. Remove from pan and set aside. Discard bacon grease.
- Reheat pan. Add 2 tbsp of butter, half of the peppers and onions, and half of the bacon. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add half of the egg. Use spatula to help form omelette. cook for 1 minute or until most of the egg is no longer runny.
- Use smooth single motion to flip the omelette. cook until the egg is not runny. Add cheese to top of the egg.
- Remove from heat. Use a spatula to gently fold egg in half. Alternatively, you can use the edge of your pan to help fold your omelette over onto your plate.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Repeat process with remaining ingredients.