Mongolian beef takes almost no time at all to cook. There’s no reason this shouldn’t be a regular meal for your family.
Here’s a few tips. Use high quality steak. Anything cheap will probably be too tough. I’ve used different cuts of meat, but was impressed with a tri-tip steak.
Another tip would be not to overcook the green onions. Add them at the end while the pan is still hot for the best results.
Spicy Mongolian Beef Recipe
- 1 lbs steak I used a tri-tip steak
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup corn start
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- green onions
- Sesame Seeds
- Cut steak into thin slices. Put both steak and cornstarch into 1 gallon size bag. Shake to combine.
- Heat oil in iron skillet. Add pieces of steak, searing small portions at a time. About 30 seconds on each side. set aside.
- Add sesame oil and red onion. Cook until onions are tender.
- Add sauce mixture and steak. Cook until steak is fully done.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.